Outdated 3’x3′ shower.
Just look what could do just by moving bathroom wall 2 feet into walk-in closet. In this case customer has always wanted large shower so we have decided to enlarge the bathroom and build custom shower base. I think it has turned out beautifully.
It was major change to go from 3’x3′ shower to this custom shower with shower seat, handheld shower conveniently placed near shower seat, rain shower head, regular shower and ceiling light.
So much more fun to use this new roomy shower, wouldn’t you say? Click here to see detailed step by step description of this project with pictures.
So what should you expect to be done when doing bathroom remodeling? Here are some steps that will most likely be included.
Basic bathroom remodeling steps
- Remove everything – vanity, toilet, bathtub or shower base. Remove floor and wall tile with tile underlayment. Remove drywall as needed. Noisy exhaust fan? Good time to replace it or upgrade to something better now. Remove all accessories such as tile racks, toilet paper holder etc.
- Remove shower/tub valve, move drain if needed. Getting wider bathtub? Yes, you’ll need to move drain.
- Move electrical if needed for that new exhaust fan. You might also need to change duct work for new fan.
- Now it’s time install new shower pan or bathtub.
- Install your new exhaust fan
- Install new tile underlayment and new drywall. Tape and patch all as needed.
- Install new tile, vanity, vanity top and fixtures.
- Don’t forget the shower door!
- Time for painting
- Install all accessories and you are done!
Custom bathroom remodeling steps: that would include all steps for basic bathroom remodeling plus some of these extra steps
- Move shower or bathtub to new location
- Enlarge shower
- Expand bathroom, move bathroom walls
- Build custom shower base
- Build custom shower seat
- Move plumbing to new location. For example you will move vanity to different spot or you decide to have wall mounted faucets.
- Add new lights
- Add sound system
- Add heated floor
- Add wall niches
- Add rain shower head or massage jets
- Convert your shower to steam shower
All steps above can create beautiful bathroom you will enjoy for years or nightmare that will keep you worrying every time you enter the bathroom. You need to understand that there are a lot of elements that can cause problems when installed incorrectly or with poor workmanship. Some of that might show up in few weeks in form of tile cracks and some might be discovered years later in form of growing mold inside of the wall due to tiny leak. Some of them might be dangerous and life threatening.
It takes time, knowledge, craftsmanship and quality materials to get best results. We are here to offer you all that at it’s best.
Contact us today if you have any question or call Charles at 1-720-515-7675 for free bathroom remodeling estimate near Conifer, Co or Evergreen, CO.